I use "grub" but you can also use lilo; these are programs that write
to your MBR (master boot record) you can also use "Partition Magic"...
you would need to let us know where you are at in your install process.
 Do you already have Debian installed?  Are you just getting ready to
install it?  What is the Partition information on your Hard Drive(s)?
etc...

Shawn