On Tuesday 15 October 2002 13:25, john gennard wrote:
> I'd like to try using IRC. There seems a wide variety of programs
> available and I wonder what is the one most commonly chosen
> by list members. I'm running Woody.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John.

depends on how you like them to look (-:  Some people like console based chat
programs the two most common are bitchx and epic.  Personally I use xchat
which is GTK+ based, seems pretty popular.

In the end I would suggest you try a bunch and make your own choice.  It does
not affect your ability to chat it simply affects how you perceive it.