/ Michael Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
| Norman wrote:
|> After an upgrade last week (on unstable), remote control no longer
|> works.
|> I can start firefox just fine, but if I attempt to load another
|> window, nothing happens. A little debugging revealed that the remote
|> control app doesn't know that there's an instance running. In fact, if
|> I dig my way through the shell scripts and run
|
| Have you tried running:
|
| firefox www.website.co.uk
|
| as I think the firefox script deals with the -remote stuff
| automagically.

Yeah, it does, but it does it by running the -remote stuff that doesn't work.
Actually, looking at the sh -x output led me a little further. It turns out
that the -remote stuff sort-of works:

  /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/mozilla-firefox-xremote-client 'openurl()'

works, it pops up a dialog asking what to open.

  /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/mozilla-firefox-xremote-client 'openurl(localhost)'

works, it loads localhost in whatever window/tab it thinks is current.

  /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/mozilla-firefox-xremote-client 'openurl(localhost,new-tab)'

works, it loads localhost in a new tab in whatever window it thinks is current.

  /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/mozilla-firefox-xremote-client
'openurl(localhost,new-window)'

doesn't work at all.

Is there some setting I've frobbed? Could this be related to the
tabbrowser extension?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | One must look for one thing only, to
http://nwalsh.com/            | find many.--Cesare Pavese