On Tuesday 08 June 2004 14:48, Kevin Murphy hurled the following on the wire:
> Joost,
>
> Thanks a lot for pointing out that aqua-style button script!  I have it
> working now (luckily for me, I'm using Debian 'testing', unlike Joerg).
>
> I don't know the Gimp very well, but this is how I got it to work:
> 1) In Gimp, select Xtns/Perl/Server
> 2) Run 'perl aqua.pl' from the command line

Hey, now I remember, that's exactly how I did it :)

> -Kevin Murphy
>
> P.S.  Re: your response to Joerg's problem:
> > This maybe against debian philosophy (help me out here list) but why not
> > install Gimp.pm from cpan?
>
> It may or may not be that simple.  First I tried installing Gimp.pm from
> CPAN, and it wouldn't install for a trivial reason that I could have fixed,
> except that I said, "Screw it, I'm using Gimp1.2; I'll just install the
> debian package (gimp1.2-perl)".  Which I did, and you'd be amazed at the
> long list of stuff that got installed.  I'm not sure if they are all needed
> or which components (Gimp or Gimp.pm) need them.

Hey it works right? Hooray for debian :)  Hope you like the buttons!

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If
you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or
other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and
then delete this e-mail.