/ "Felix C. Stegerman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
[...]
| It might be of interest which version of Debian you and I are using,
| and what kernel. My set-up:
|   Linux 2.6.7-mm1 (built from kernel.org)
|   Debian testing/unstable (APT prefers unstable)

Linux 2.4.26 running unstable.

| It'd be nice if someone could shed some light on this.

I think it's the result of a recent update. Skimming the root
changelogs, maybe one of the changes to sysvinit in the last couple of
weeks?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | If you are losing your leisure, look
http://nwalsh.com/            | out! You may be losing your