On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:50:22 +1100, Rob Weir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 04:45:59AM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
>> This also solves the problem which occurs when both drives are
>> ide-scsi,
>> namely that the symlinks can get swapped around on bootup depending on
>> which drive happens to have a readable CD in it. (I must be missing
>> something here...)
>
>That's really weird.  I've got a Teac CD drive and an LG CD-RW drive on
>the same IDE bus, using SCSI emulation.  They've _never_ come up in a
>different order.
>
>-rob

Mine are on different IDE buses - CDROM as primary slave and CDRW as
secondary master. Maybe this makes a difference? Though I'd guess it'd
be the other way round.
With both on ide-scsi and set to automount in /etc/fstab, /dev/cdrom
linked to /dev/scd0 and /dev/cdrw to /dev/scd1; I boot with both
empty, cdrom is emulated scsi device 0:0:0 and cdrw 0:1:0. I boot with
cdrom empty and a readable CD in cdrw, cdrw comes up as 0:0:0, cdrom
as 0:1:0. Result: /dev/cdrom ends up pointing to my CDRW.

Pigeon