> Brian White wrote:
> > There was a decent article about Linux in the latest issue of Wired.  It
> > was honest and fair, in my opinion, and Linux came out looking really good.
>
> And it's finally online now at http://wwww.wired.com/wired/5.08/linux.html

And in this article is stated:

     However, Microsoft's huge installed base of users and wide range of
     applications is unlikely to be surpassed, despite what believers in
     the Linux magic might hope. Linus has no illusions on the subject and
     even employs tools like Microsoft's PowerPoint - running on top of
     Linux via one of the Windows emulators available.

The first sentence I heartily support: when you need to get work done
you are likely to be forced into running an MS-Win application at some
stage and, if you can't run it on Linux, too bad.

Which leads on to the question: which "one of the Windows emulators
available" does Linus Torvalds actually use? Does anyone know?

If it's good enough for him to run PowerPoint on it, it's probably good
enough for me and I'd definitely like to know!

Best wishes,
Ted.                                    ([EMAIL PROTECTED])