On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Steve Saletta wrote:

> I am using smail, and neither local nor remote addresses work.
>My problem doesn't seem to be with majordomo, but rather
>with the :include: feature of smail, and yes, I have ran sendmail -bi.

        This may be do the same thing as newaliases, I don't know

>Is listname: :include:/path/to/file the right format?

Yes, for sendmail at least.

Unfortunately,  I don't know how to use smail with majorodomo.  I know
that there are some things you have to do differently and that
(as you can see) the debian installation doesn't work out of the box with
smail.

>From /usr/doc/majordomo/README:

3) I run smail. How do I set up majordomo to work in this environment?

   Just set $sendmail_command to /bin/smail in your majordomo.cf.

   It has been reported that by default smail does not understand the
   :include: syntax, and that can be fixed by adding the following to
   /etc/smail/directors:

   aliasinclude:
        driver=aliasinclude,
        nobody;
        copysecure,
        copyowners,

   (Thanks to Steve Casey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for this information.)

G John Lapeyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>