On Sun, 28 Dec 1997 19:59:52 PST, George Bonser wrote:

> I really would not want to see debian-user on deja news ... deja-news is a
> spam harvester's dream.  If deja-news picks it up, I would want to see all
> articles from the gateway have an X-No-Archive: yes header inserted so
> that the articles are ignored by deja-news.
>
> I sometimes post an article to the newsgroups that I WANT saved in the
> deja-news archives so I remove the X-No-Archive header in my news posting
> .... I am then deluged with spam for about two weeks until I get all the
> spammers into my exim filters and databases.

Unless ALL search engines are harvested by spammers (i.e.: forget
dejanews), the foregoing is beside the point of my intent, which is
essentially: What will it take to get a (any) search function for
debian-user? Or conversely, what is blocking a search function from
being implemented?  Or does a search function plan already exist? ..
--
David Stern

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~kotsya/