On Wed, Feb 18, 1998 at 11:08:28AM -0800, Adam Klein wrote:
> I'm the maintainer of the lpr package, and there is a bug report
> saying that remote printing doesn't work.  Has anyone else had this
> problem?

Well, it works just fine here from 5.9-20.2 (client) to 5.9-20 (server),
and from 5.9-21 to 5.9-20 too. But the bug report talks about printing
from DOS software. But

> Warning: no daemon present
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
> 1st    nobody     209  C:\TMP\~lpt1D12.TMP                   839 bytes

This could be a telltale sign. Perhaps the original reporter had
other lpr problems and it just seemed to be a remote printing
problem?

I think one of my machines has an lpr installed on DOS, I will check
it out (but it's not the same implementation mentioned in the bug report).

hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]