"Jorge Daniel Ruckj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all.
>
> How I do a shutdown if I use xdm?
>
> Thanks

Are you aware that even while using xdm one can press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to
get to a text console?  I find a surprising number of linux users
unaware of this fact.

>From the text console, you can do a shutdown as normal.

A while ago (within the last two weeks, I think) someone posted some
nice tcl/tk code that one could add to some of xdm's startup scripts
to get a little "shutdown" button to appear on the xdm startup
screen.  I'll see if I can go dig it up...