[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> On Fri, May 29, 1998 at 02:31:29PM +0200, Waldemar ¯urowski wrote:
> > I switched from Debian 1.3 to Debian 2.0 while I was writing a program for
> > my final exam of my study. I used in many places class String, and class
> > which implements regular expression. When I did upgrade, I didn't check if
> > everything had compiled ok.
> >
> > First of all, I had to use EGCS g++, which uses stdc++2.8, as g++ from
> > wasn't anymore in GCC package. It seems there isn't any String class in
> > stdc++-lib. I know that String _is_ in libg++-dev, but stdc++-dev and
> > libg++-dev conflict which each other. I'd like to go back to g++ from GCC
> > but I don't see it anywhere.
<SNIP>
> I've built libg++2.8 and libg++2.8-dev packages for use with egcs's g++.
> Those packages are currently still in the Incoming directory, so you'll have
> to fetch them from a mirror of Incoming (see
> http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors.html for a list) for now.

Yay!  I've been waiting for this; I know, I'll migrate my code
eventually...

The fastest way I found to getting to where I could compile old g++
source code was to install the altgcc and libg++-altdev packages; I
know, it's not the best solution, but it was the one I could set up
quickest at the time.