Hi,

 the BIOS of my PC is able to boot from the second HD which is called
 D by the BIOS and /dev/hdc by Linux. I'd like to use /dev/hdc2 as my
 root partition and I want to install LiLo on this second HD, booting
 from it. I don't want to install LiLo on the first HD.
 Reading LiLo's documentation, I can't find a reason why this shouldn't
 work (because of the particular BIOS support), but in fact it doesn't.
 Booting hangs after displaying 'LI'. I already tried to enter the correct
 disk geometries but it makes no difference. I tried to install LiLo to
 /dev/hdc and /dev/hdc2, but this doesn't make a difference either.

 System is installed from the official hamm disks.
 What can I do to successfully set up LiLo as described above? Or is it
 really impossible?

 Thank you,

  Ulf