---Darren Benham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a program/script that will SEND files to an FTP
site?  I
> know that 'ftp' can be used to RETRIEVE.  I want to upload files via
a makefile.

The FTP command to send a file is PUT.  If you want to send multiple
files with wildcards or regular expressions, the FTP command is MPUT.
You can embed all of this in a shell script, just be sure and set the
filetype (binary or ASCII) first!

Typing "?" or "help" at the FTP> prompt will return a list of
commands.  Extended help (of a sorts) is available by typing "help
<command_name>" at the ftp prompt...

==
Jeremiah Cornelius
"Been there, done that, and have the T-shirt."