On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Kent West wrote:

> At 05:04 PM 10/7/1998 -0400, Adrian Gudas wrote:
> >Help! I've installed X, and it works, but the mouse doesn't work (at
> >all). I'm thrashing around like a spastic cat trying to get back into
> >shell, but I can't, and without the mouse, how am I supposed to change
> >my config?
> >
> >PS: The mouse is an IntelliMouse. I specified this. Any known
> >problems/anything else I forgot to do? What should I use as a backup
> >plan?
> >
> >TIA
> >AG
in the /etc/X11/XF86Config file add the following

Section "Pointer"
#    Protocol    "MouseSystems"
#    Protocol    "Microsoft"
     Protocol    "IntelliMouse"
     Device      "/dev/ttyS0"
# When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
# the following line.

#    Protocol   "Xqueue"

i.e. specify the protocol as IntelliMouse.
Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of Cape Town                     http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469