I've managed to get Debian running with Win95 on my home machine. Here's
how I did it.

First, I used the Debian installer to partition the drive. This, of
course, means that everything on the drive is wiped out. It sounds like,
since you have two drives, you can handle doing this. Using the partition
tool in the Debian installer, I set up one partition as a DOS partition,
another as Linux, another as Linux Swap, and a fourth as a secondary DOS
partition (it's always nice to have a spare partition). I had to decide
how much space to give to the various partitions. I think on my 3.2 GB
drive, hda1 = 200 MB (DOS), hda2 = 2000 MB (Linux), hda3 = 75 MB (Linux
Swap), and hda4 = 800 MB (DOS) (approximately).

Then, I rebooted from CD and ran the Win95 setup program, putting the OS
on the first DOS partition (you can also use a fat32 partition, if you
want). Win95 setup steals the master boot record without asking (those
big, fat, greedy . . . well, you know), so I found I had to install
Windows first.

Once that was done, I went back to installing Linux on its partition, and
gave it the master boot record (hah! I win.). When that was done, I
modified /etc/lilo.conf with an entry for the windows partition and ran
lilo.

Voila! When I boot, I get Linux automatically, or I can hit alt during
startup, and type either "win" or "lin".

[EMAIL PROTECTED]