On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Robert V. MacQuarrie wrote:

> Hi there Daniel,
>       How much do you use your computer? I find i go through a new
> keyboard at least once a year and this is a regular symptom of it going. I
> often find my Shift and Ctrl keys going and they are simply worn out.
>       Test this by pluging in a new/borrowed keyboard into your system.
>       BTW.. I find this happens to both 9.99 and 79.99 keyboards so i
> tend to stay with the cheaper ones :-) Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that is the problem.
This machine is dual-booting win95, and I hate to say it, but the keyboard
works fine there.  I was thinking the typomatic rate settings might need
to be tweaked?  But then, I've never messed with a keyboard before, no
need.  And I don't know where to look for such things.

-Dano