Brad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Ingo Hohmann wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there something about soundblaster support that I should
> > have known by now? Seems that my irq, ... settings get lost
> > when I compile soundblaster support as a module. (Sound works
> > when compiled in, but I get "device is busy" error, when I
> > use modules and try to insmod sb.o)
> >
> > Is there a possibilty to set irq, ... when using modules? Or
> > is it another problem?
>
> When you insert the sb module, you have to specify the io, irq, etc on the
> command line, something like this:
>   insmod sb io=0x220 irq=9 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x300 type=6
>
> Same thing when you insmod the adlib_card for midi support:
>   insmod adlib_card io=0x388
>
> On my system, i put a script in /etc/init.d to automatically insert the
> proper sound modules on boot (after isapnp runs and configures the card)

You may also put those informations inside the file
/etc/modutils/aliases and have the module automatically loaded when an
access to the sound devices is made.
Here what I have in my /etc/modutils/aliases for the sound system:

alias sound sb
options sound           dmabuf=1
post-install sb /sbin/modprobe "-k" "adlib_card"
options sb io=0x220 irq=6 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330
options adlib_card io=0x388     # FM synthesizer

Chris

--
Looking for a cutting edge           | Christophe Broult
software validation technology?      | <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>