From: Mark Wagnon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 1999 3:05 PM
To: Brendon Baumgartner
Subject: Re: dependencies

Brendon Baumgartner wrote:

> I don't get any error messages. When i'm using dselect and it does
"checking
> dependencies" it gets stuck. It just sits there and does nothing. I did an
> upgrade to my potato system using apt-get dist-upgrade. Nothing fancy.
Real
> odd if anything. Is there a way to rebuild the dependency database or
> whatever it uses? I'm stuck for now.

I don't know about re-building the dependency database. When I run
apt-get update, it connects with each server, then tells me that it's
reading the Package Lists and Building the Dependency Tree.

You might try apt-get -f update. Also, if any packages are giving you
problems, you can type dpkg --configure --pending. That will configure
anything that's not already configure. If it encounters errors, it'll
diplay them and suggest what packages may fix them.

Try this and see what happens. If you're still having problems, then I
suggest you post to the list. There are people there who are a million
times more knowledgeable than I am.

hth
--
                                         __   _