Hi,

I have used the lick deb in the Debian distro to install licq. It works fine on
my potato box. Maybe you should install using the lick deb instead of compiling
it yourself? That is if you are running Debian of course.

The only problems I have with lick is that it easily "forget" settings you
channge (and sometimes recently added users). What I have done is to edit the
config files manually, since lick doesn't seem to write to them properly at
times.