Hi,

I have just upgraded our server from slink to potato (I wanted the new
exim amoungst other things).

Now we cannot connect to samba.

I have checked my smb.conf with the testparams, it all looks OK (and of
course it was working with the previous version of samba that came with
slink). I have recreated my smbpasswd (just in case there was a problem
with the old version).

I have been working through diagnostics.txt and always fail TEST 3 like
this

romans:~$ smbclient -L GENESIS
Added interface ip=192.168.100.28 bcast=192.168.100.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
Domain=[SUNDAYTA] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.0.5a]
tree connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password
pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)

Tests 7 and 8 fail as well.

We don't have a guest user, samba was using nobody before (bit nopbody
was and is not in smbpasswd

Samba is now not showing up in Windows 98 network neighbourhood.

Anyone got any ideas about what is wrong or what I need to try?

Sorry I am so stupid.

Regards

Dave

--