On September 19, 1999 you wrote:

> Does anybody have a solution?
> I want to install from a fileserver and hopefully only need to use a
> boot-discette when I start each PC.

I have put together a collection of .debs and an install script that
basically gives you a running X without answering anything beyond the boot
disk(s).

1. Install the boot and driver disks, install base via. NFS and reboot.
2. On reboot skip dselect, NFS mount .deb directory.
3. Type install.sh in the NFS mounted directory.

What you get is a very bare-bones system ... Debian + X.  I still need to
fine-tune the package list but for now it works.  The install is about 55
MB total and should give you X running at 800x600 assuming capable
hardware.

I have everything available at http://WeHave.Net/debian/ if you are
interested.  I plan to use this for installing Debian on 486s we have
laying around here.  They'll make great Xterminals.  Total install time on
a 486-66 w/16 MB RAM 20-25 minutes.

Fraser