On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 07:07:50AM +0000, John Carline wrote:
> Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> > sbpcd-0 [x]: Diskinfo: Read capacity "y"  returns - 602
> > sbpcd-0[x+1]: CD contains no data tracks.
> > sbpcd-0[x+2]: !st-diskok detected-retrying

> Ouch!  I can't help you much here.;-(
>
> Surely someone on the list must have experience with that type of cdrom.  If
> no one jumps in
> with the answer, you might try asking  the question again. This
> time mention the cdrom type in the subject line.

Unfortunately those CD-ROM drives (old 2 spin drives usually connected
to SoundBlaster cards) are finnicky things. I have 4 dead ones here
and 1 still working, just.

In my experience, the read capacity problems means that the drive is
on its last legs! But perhaps the module has not really detected
the controller/drive properly. Antonio, what sort of controller do you
use for the drive -- sbpro or some other card?

I suggest, if at all possible, buying an IDE CD-ROM drive and forgetting
the old Creative drive. They are quite cheap here in Australia, much
less than I paid for my CR-562 drives a few years back.

Hamish