Hello:

Sometimes, when I boot up my machine, it'll boot normally
but when I get to the login prompt, my keyboard and mouse
get no response on screen.  The cursor keeps on flashing
and everything seems to be working (I can telnet in and
reboot the machine) and there is no error message so I
have no idea what to fix.  Sometimes when I start
X window, I get the same effect:  All my little applets
and cursors are flickering like they should, but my
keyboard and mouse act like they've been pulled out of
the computer.  Sometimes it happens when I exit X.  There
seems to be no method behind it, because it will happen
randomly like once a week.  My cousin runs a debian box
at work and he says he gets the same problem there, yet
not on his debian box at home

I'm running debian linux fully updated to the most current
potato with kernel 2.2.13 (but it's been happening since at
least 12)         anyone have any ideas at all?  I've found
this a bit annoying and have no idea what could cause it.

Thanks,
  - Harlan