Once upon a time, I heard Robert L. Harris say

> Actually I kinda went with 2.  With Debian, I installed both the debian
> 473 and the netscape version of 474 (into /usr/local/netscape per
> default) and then just did an update-alternatives to point to this
> version.  Worked very nice and clean on my desktop and my laptops.
>
> Robert

But with only update-alternatives method that point netscape/communicator to
your /usr/local/netscape/netscape, you would lost very good wrapper that
Adam Heath wrote, e.g. it manage all the plugin installed, mime, and etc...
You could do these things by yourself but it's very convenient to use that
wrapper.

Chanop
--
| Just Debian ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]|