Hello.

I am some troubles with iproute2.

I am working with the kernel versione 2.4.0-test9 on a laptop with a pcmcia
network
card.

I am trying to setup the laptop to have some control over the bandwidth, using
iproute2.

Following the "Linux 2.4 Advanced Routing HOWTO", I try:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 10: cbq bandwidth 10Mbit avpkt 1000

and as results, i get

RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

I have compiled the kernel with all the networking option activated and I have
all
the modules, but I cannot find where is the problem.

There is a specific modules to insert to be able to use the traffic control ?
I must have a PC with at least two network cards ?

Antother question: once I have set-up the traffic control, how I can test it ?

thanks in advance.

bye

Gianluca

--
Home Page                       Contro i brevetti del sw     Boicotta Microsoft
www.infinito.it/utenti/chewbe   no-patents.prosa.it/

"If we have to file a thousand lawsuits a day, we'll do it.
It's less expensive than losing CONTROL of YOUR creative works."
---Jack Valenti, President and CEO, Motion Picture Association of America