Hi,

        I've installed 2.4.0-test11, upgrading all necessary programs,
mainly util-linux, modutils and e2fsprogs (apt-get -b source (woody)).
        After rebooting to load the new kernel, my modules didn't get
loaded properly. In fact, even modprobe didn't work. I had to use insmod
with each module, guessing the dependencies from the error msgs.
        Then I upgrade modconf to reconfigure the modules; it fails to
detect my modules giving lots of error and then a empty list of
available modules.
        Any hint on how to correct this?
        Thanks,

Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21