Hello,

got a little problem here.I did a upgrade yesterday - tried anyway - on
a machine that is running unstable and wasn't updated for about 6
weeks.
I didn't look too close at the stuff thats going to be upgraded and did
anticipate errors with kde and the likes but what I got now is strange.
With synaptic kdelibs3 is shown as a broken package but I can't fix it
from there.Shows some dependency problems with ark and kwrite and so
on.
If I try to purge those packages dpkg can't find them.
When I try dselect and tell it to install the selected packages it goes
ahead and tries to remove ark and a couple of other things but then I
get an error message that looks like a drive failure:

I/O error dev 3:05 (hda) sector 288334
hda:dma_intr:status=0x51 DriveReadySeekCompleteError
hda:dma_intr:error=0x01 AddrMarkNotFound LBAsect=25551126 sector28833

and some more of this.

I use an ext3 file system and there is nothing in lost and found and a
fsck doesn't show any errors at all.

Anybody got an idea how to fix this or is it reinstalling time already?

greets,
Klaus