The bootdisks will NOT be the final kernel, unless you want to be horribly
obscene.  Use the idepci disks, get the system up, then customize the
system kernel with scsi-ide and all of the neat tools.  In fact, it's
gotten to the point that I only specify the parts necessary in the initial
configuration to go on to the next step: network, possibly serial, and the
main disk system (in fact, up until potato, there wasn't much choice but
to do what I do).  The point behind the bootdisks is to get your system to
a point where you can make the needed changes to get it to run as you
want.

--
Galt's sci-fi paradox:  Stormtroopers versus Redshirts to the death.

Who is John Galt?  [EMAIL PROTECTED], that's who!