On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 04:41:32PM +0200, Helgi ?rn Helgason wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 15:27, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> > Rpm is installed in Woody only if you select it. It's available in
> > section admin, priority optional.
> >
> > In the package desciption you will find a strong suggestion to use
> > alien instead:
> >
> > "Using rpm directly will bypass the Debian packaging system!"
>
> # apt-get remove rpm
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   kde kpackage rpm
>
> The thing want's to remove KDE when I ask it to remove RPM, what kind of
> service is that?

No, it doesn't. 'kde' is just a metapackage; it contains nothing but
dependencies on the real bits of KDE. If you want to remove one of those
bits (since kpackage depends on rpm), then there's absolutely nothing
wrong with removing the kde metapackage.

See 'dpkg -p kde'.

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]