> Just install mc and browse to the docs dir and press F3
>
> ya cant live without it :)

I can't ;-) does anyone know an X alternative to it? imho, gmc is not
worth being called the gnome mc, and xnc is't too user-friendly either.

The ultimate graphical file manager for me would look like WinCommander
(ghisler.com). Total mouseless control, and able to preview files (even
images and movies, in combination with IrfanView) in one pane, while
browsing in the other. works under wine, too (at least the registered
version)

Anybody know of such an X program? (if it is as good as WinCmd, I'd even
pay for it - even if it releases under GPL, which is better of course)
Thanks ahead,

Joris