Ron Johnson wrote:
[snip]

Linux box for sharing my DSL connection. For a few years it used to be just a 486, but I recently upgraded it to a K6-2/500 :)

Woo Hoo!!  Go, Speed Racer, go! (Did the 486 die?)

One of them died, but the last one I was using just got replaced.

You don't even need a 500mb drive, I've squeezed a fully function Debian system into less than 70mb in the past (this was including a mail server and some other things).

Darned impressive...

It took a lot of creative deleting :)

is a really good idea. You can just set it up and leave it running, knowing it will just work. I've had to use my main computer as the

If a stupid thunderstorm hadn't have knocked the power out longer
than my cheap-o UPS lasted (but it was also powering my beefy Athlon
at the time), my box would be a triple-digits by now...

The power company and thunderstorms are what dictate my Linux box uptimes. In fact, there was a thunderstorm a week or so ago that knocked out the power for a few seconds. I don't have a UPS yet...

--
Chris Gushue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.blackplasma.net