Hello list

I'm attempting to set up sendmail with two separate queues, one for incoming
and one for outgoing mail (this is for the mailscanner package). I've tried
setting it up via /etc/mail/sendmail.conf with the following config:

DAEMON_MODE="Daemon";
DAEMON_PARMS="-bd -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in";
DAEMON_HOSTSTATS="Yes";
DAEMON_MAILSTATS="No";
QUEUE_MODE="daemon";
QUEUE_INTERVAL="10";
QUEUE_PARMS="";
MSP_MODE="none";
MSP_INTERVAL="${QUEUE_INTERVAL}";
MSP_PARMS="${QUEUE_PARMS}";
MSP_MAILSTATS="No";
MISC_PARMS="";
CRON_MAILTO="root";
CRON_PARMS="";
AGE_DATA="";
DAEMON_STATS="${DAEMON_MAILSTATS}";
MSP_STATS="${MSP_MAILSTATS}";

I run "sendmailconfig", then restart sendmail. I email a test message to
this machine. I see it delivered to /var/spool/mqueue.in via the mail log. I
also see the d and q files sitting in /var/spool/mqueue.in. At this point if
I had mailscanner running, the mailscanner program would pick up the mail in
mqueue.in, examine it and pass it to the outgoing mail daemon for delivery.
Since mailscanner is *not* running, the mail should stay in
/var/spool/mqueue.in indefinitely.

However, after it sits there for several minutes sendmail picks it up and
sends it on. I assume this is the queuer fishing for mails, but why is it
looking in /var/spool/mqueue.in for outbound mail? How can I tell it to only
look in /var/spool/mqueue for outbound mail via this configuration file? I'm
currently trying it with

QUEUE_PARMS="-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue";

is this correct? If not, what is correct?

Thanks

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator