Hello

I'm running gdm, windowmaker, woody and xfree 4.2. i need to run software on a
remote mahcine that outputs to my local X server. On the remote machine, i
export DISPLAY="mylocalIP:0" then on my local machine, i xhost <memote
machineIP> . but it doesn't work - on the remote machine i get the error

Error: Can't open display: <mylocalIP>:0

is the xserver really locked down by default on debian or something?

if i have a root terminal in an xsession started by a normal user, i can't use
x programs either...

any ideas?

matthew