On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 14:13, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Ross Boylan  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >By the way, I'm not sure what the success thing was in the stop case
> >below; I got errors when I tested it and removed it from my script.
>
> That's because the example was actually a redhat example.

Well, Mandrake, but that's just a quibble...

I took that script from my Mandrake box when I changed
to Debian, and was released from the bonds of RPM Hell...

> A standard init.d template can be found in /etc/init.d/skeleton
> You can use the "--chuid" option to start-stop-daemon to start
> something under a different uid - read the manpage.

Thanks for the tip.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..."        |
|   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002,                   |
!   CNN, Larry King Live                                  |