On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 11:31:08PM -0700, alephtnull wrote:
> Hi, I have made a boo-boo. I recompiled my kernel (after 5 months
> doing make dep,make clean, make modules and make modules_install) then
> make bzImage then copied bzImage to vmlinuz and backed up vmlinuz
> (just in case something goes wrong) then issued the command "lilo" to
> update my changes then rebooted...
>
> everything should be ok but when I rebooted, after lilo starts loading
> it reboots again and when lilo starts loading, it does this again and
> again... Unfortunately, I lost my rescue disk...help!

Well, you're in a bit of a pickle.  For next time, its a good idea to
make a separate LILO entry for the new kernel so you can easily revert
back to the old one if things go wrong.  I would suggest downloading the
Debian rescue disk again (or tomsrtbt), then use that to revert back to
the old kernel (ie mount drive, copy old kernel back to vmlinuz, etc).

- Chris