Hello List,

it appears that the latex format is built with pdfetex
according to `/etc/texmf/fmt.d/10texlive-latex-base.cnf' .

So I modified the engine by hand: pdfetex -> tex ,
and I linked latex to tex :
evertything is fine now: what I mean is that

`\ifx\pdfoutput\udefined'

works as expected.

Nevertheless, I am still confused:

why the engine of latex is pdfetex and not tex ?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

Jerome BENOIT wrote:
Hello List,

since a while I have tried to debug one of my latex/pdflatex manuscript
which had to compiled fine before I migrate to the texlive package:
I have just understand the trouble.

latex is linked to pdfetex !
while tex is not !

Why ?

So, of course, the command `\ifx\pdfoutput\udefined'
does not work as expected when latex (and not pdflatex) is used.

I expect that latex is linked to tex instead.
did I miss something ?

Jerome

--
Jerome BENOIT