I'm trying to make a bootable backup disk based on <a href=http://
linuxgazette.net/140/kapil.html>this howto</a>.

The backup is on an external usb-sata drive. There is an sdc1
partition that is not used, a small sdc2 for boot, unencrypted, and an
sdc3 encrypted. On this there is a volume group, with two lv-s, one
for root and one for swap.

When booting the original system, I can open the encrypted disk, but I
need to restart lvm for the system to find the volume group on it. I
can also mount the lv-s.

When I try to boot the backup system, it loads the initramfs, and I
get this message:

/dev/mapper/vg_externalsata_2-root does not exist.

Looking at /proc/modules shows that the dm_crypt module is not loaded
(although it seems to be included in the initramfs), which I think
might be the problem.

Any ideas? Did someone use the same howto with success?

Tc