Hal Vaughan wrote:

On Mar 7, 2009, at 9:03 PM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

Sounds to me you are missing the package "kwin" the  KDE window manager.

That's what I thought, but it's there and reconfiguring it didn't help.

Since it's a new system I stopped and realized if I re-installed, I could do that while doing other work, so the total time on that would be less spent than if I kept trying to track it down, so I just wiped the disk and reinstalled and it worked.

I know it's to late to run it now but I'm wondering if you tried to run
"kpersonalizer" and/or the kde theme manager?
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263