On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 10:52:41PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I need to add USB to my HP NetServer LPr.
> >
> > Do they all "just work" now?
> >

> It's been a _long_ time since I've had a problem with a PCI USB card.
> If nobody pipes up with a negative, then I'd suggest that you give it
> a shot. The odds are in your favor.
>
> By the way, you may want to write to Belkin and ask them if the card
> will work with Linux. At the very least, you are expressing interest
> in having Belkin develop for Linux. They will never write "works with
> Linux" on the box if nobody is asking for it. Here is their address:
> http://www.belkin.com/contactus/index.asp

Here's the reply I received from Startech.

Hi Doug,

Both chipsets (Nvidia and NEC) are natively supported in the Linux =
kernel since 2.4.x, but we do not directly support these cards in Linux, =
nor have we tested with Debian, so compatibility cannot be guaranteed.

Sincerely,
=20
Ray Aoki
Technical Support Team
StarTech.com
Tel: 519 455-9675
Tel: 800 265-1844
Fax: 519 455-9425

Startech has a 4+2 port with nVidia chipset and a 3+1 port with NEC.
Any preference?

Doug.