On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 09:39:27PM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2010-01-22 21:02 +0100, Camaleón wrote:
>
> > As Mozilla has stopped the support (no more security patches) for Firefox
> > releases <3.5 (in August 2010, 3.5 will also be dropped), and Lenny is
> > shipped with 3.0.6 (this situation was properly advised on Releases
> > Notes), I wonder what could be the best way to install the latest Firefox
> > 64 bits version.
>
> I'm afraid the answer is "build it from source yourself".  There's no
> official 64-bit tarball (and most likely there won't be any before
> Firefox 4.0), and builds from other distributions will likely require
> newer libraries than available in Lenny.

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl added Iceweasel 3.5 and the complementing
xulrunner release to backports.org a few days ago. So far I can see build
packages for amd64 and ppc.
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=iceweasel&suite=lenny-backports

If and when backports of Iceweasel 3.6 will be available depends on when
it will enter testing and if it's possible to build it on lenny.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world