On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 08:48:23PM +0100, Steven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Earlier today at fosdem, I was booting my laptop and it started a
> routine file system check ("booted 28 times without being checked, check
> forced"). Obviously I don't want the laptop doing that check when it's
> on battery power, especially since it has an aging battery.
>
> How do I turn I fix this, or is this a bug?

There is a power status section near the top of checkfs.sh that is commented
out citing bug #526398.  The script runs from init.d in runlevel S,
/etc/rcS.d .

> The laptop is an Acer Aspire 7720G running Debian Squeeze.

You should be able to get out of checks with CTRL-C .

> I do notice that the laptop seems to 'think' it was still on AC power
> until later in the boot sequence, due to the brightness setting. I think
> it keeps the previous AC/battery state from last boot, and only checks
> again quite late in the boot process.

Maybe that is acpi starting in runlevel 2 or whatever runlevel you end up in.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody