On Sun,  6 Mar 2011 14:36:07 +0000 (UTC)
debian-user-digest-requ...@lists.debian.org wrote:

> Hello.  I have dial-up.  So, I ordered Squeeze DVDs, which arrived on
> Friday.  I added these to my sources.list (apt-cdrom add), and I
> commented out every other source.  I got rid of my preferences
> files.  I first did the minimal system upgrade (apt-get upgrade),
> followed by the upgrade to the kernel (apt-get install
> linux-image-2.6-686) followed by the upgrade to udev (apt-get install
> udev).  This went smoothly.  Then I rebooted, and proceeded to to
> "apt-get dist-upgrade".  Here began the problems.

<snip>

What does your sources.list look like?

Hugo
______

Hi Hugo,

When I first started the upgrade, I commented out everything, and
simply had the eight dvds in the sources.list.  When I began
experiencing problems, such as the dvds being locked in the drive until
I gave the "eject cdrom" command, and various other previously
described issues, I commented out all but the first dvd.  So,
currently, it looks like this:

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.0 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 DVD
Binary-1 20110205-17:27]/ squeeze contrib main

I tried adding them a second time via "apt-cdrom add", thinking it
might make a difference to do this while in Squeeze (as opposed to
previously having done it while in Lenny), but, except for the first
one, it won't let me, giving the following errors:

debian:/home/mark# apt-cdrom add
Using CD-ROM mount point /media/apt/
Identifying.. [6ebbc4349ee9f03b1a75af22880835e2-2]
Scanning disc for index files..
Found 0 package indexes, 0 source indexes, 0 translation indexes and 0
signatures W: Failed to mount '/dev/sr0' to '/media/apt/'
E: Unable to locate any package files, perhaps this is not a Debian
Disc or the wrong architecture? debian:/home/mark#

Mark