On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 02:22:28AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > so unless anybody has a better already written sound buffer mixer to
> > recommend, consider this matter closed.
> >
> > Thanks for your attention.
> > -T
> >
> I had a sugguestion. have a lock file. so, if your script is about to play
> a new sound, it check to see if a sound is being played. It will then not
> play/queue up a new sound. So, one long tone will play.
> Does this make sense?
> -Kev

Thanks.  Lockfile was the answer.  I was able to do it in bash.

Pseudocode:
[Make a .RAW copy of the .WAV.  Get lock.  First time, record name of
.WAV.  Or else, record name of .RAW.  Invoke 2nd script async.  Release
lock.
2nd script: Sleep 2 seconds.  Get lock.  Cat files to bplay async.
Clear list of files.  Release lock.]

It ends up making a rapid-fire series of clicks, once per mail.

I have another question: Can Procmail fire a single script when it's
done processing *ALL* mails?  I could simplify things if that's
possible.

Whew!
-Tom