On Thu 16 Jun 2011 at 20:03:14 +0100, AG wrote:

> Don't know why this wasn't done automagically, but there's more that I
> don't know than that which I do ... so this adds to the list.

The First Law of System Configuration says: Nobody ever remembers what
they did.

I try to defeat this Law by documenting what I do in the file being
changed or by making notes. But my nature being what it is I often fail
to carry out this strategy and, when I do, the passage of even a few
hours is enough to dim my memory considerably. A year later any
recollections have disappeared.

My point: Upgrading to Wheezy does not touch cupsd.conf because it is a
conffile. The copy you have is from your Lenny days, but is not the
default it came with. There is no magic wand for Debian to wave. But
learning about something is magic.