If I start gvim in a tiled terminal window it locks up and the following
messages appear in the terminal:

E852: The child process failed to start the GUI
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has
not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
gvim: ../../src/xcb_io.c:273: poll_for_event: Assertion
`!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
Vim: Caught deadly signal ABRT
Press ENTER or type command to continueVim: Finished.
at least one person says he cannot reproduce the error. I've reported it
as a Debian bug but so far have only had a routine acknowledgement.

If there is anyone else using this setup, could they please see if they
can reproduce it?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - a...@acampbell.org.uk