On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 10:01:50PM +0800, lina wrote:
> Just today one website I cared about failed to open, certainly it's
> under attack.

And how does a firewall help in that case.

If you don't want your intranet web server being accessed
from outside, then that's what a firewall is for.
It doesn't make any sense having a firewall on a standalone
machine, like a laptop, if you see what I mean.

Well, that's my understanding of it.

> P.S, In the past, if some books/webpage/blogs or anything which
> inspired you lots in this area, appreciate to share. I don't have CS
> background.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X