On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Brad Alexander <stor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 8:20 AM, J. B <baksh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:58:39 +0800
>> Umarzuki Mochlis <umarz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> check iredmail. Easy to install.
>>>

>> zimbra mail server
>> ispmail server
>
> I wouldn't run zimbra unless you have pretty powerful hardware. I ran
> zimbra on a p4 with 1.5gb of ram and was rebooting it weekly. The java
> processes would deplete memory in that time.
>
> I have since replaced it with a much lighter vm running postfix +
> dovecot (imap/pop server) + roundcube (webmail).
>
> --b

is there any good howto on Debian Squeeze on following tools

-postfidx
-dovecot
-postfixadmin (web interface)
-roundcube
-spamassassin
-clamv

btw i have a question in my mind . postfix is mail server. but the
question raising in my mind if postfix is the complete server then why
we have to add several other tools like mentioned above
(dovecot,spamassassin etc) ?