On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 16:51:54 -0500, Alex Robbins wrote:

> I am running Debian testing, which currently has kernel 3.2.23-1, same
> as unstable.  experimental has 3.5.something.  I am looking to run
> kernel version 3.3 or higher.
>
> As I understand it, there are 2 ways to go about this.  I could build
> from the kernel.org source, or I could install from unstable.

You mean from "experimental", right?

> Which is more likely to yield better results, as far as stability,
> security, etc.?

Using Debian kernel sources are usually the best/easier way and not for
nothing special but it will save you a bunch of time (and some headaches)
for generating a proper ".config" file.

But hey, you can try both methods and then choose by yourself :-)

> If I were to go with a vanilla kernel, would it be best to just go with
> 3.3, or would it make sense to take 3.5?

"3.5.3" is now the stable branch, I would go for that unless something
impedes you from doing so.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón