On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 21:14:38 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> writes:

(...)

>>> What's happening? The image file should not be corrupted!
>>
>> file fv.ccd
>>
>> What kind of program created the CCD file? Maybe the original source
>> file contained some encryption or the like...
>>
>> You can try with any of these ".img" files which must be well
>> formatted, just to compare both outputs:
>>
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/i386/usb-hdd/

> $ file fv.ccd
> fv.ccd: ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
>
> Note that
>
> $ cat fv.ccd
> [CloneCD]
> Version=3
> [Disc]
> TocEntries=4
> Sessions=1
> DataTracksScrambled=0
> [etc.]
>
> so it looks like the file has been created in some way with CloneCD.

According to Wikipedia, that's a Windows tool.

If the content of the original CCD file was protected then ccd2iso may have
problems for doing the conversion.

> With the proposed .img files, I have for example
> $ file debian-live-6.0.4-i386-standard.img
> debian-live-6.0.4-i386-standard.img:
> x86 boot sector; partition 1: ID=0x6, active, starthead 0, startsector
> 1, 587775 sectors, code offset 0x31

(...)

Well, what you had to do with the ".img" file is convert it to ISO using
ccd2iso to check if that works and thus discard a problem within the
application ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón